Summarizing of the winter psychological school \»Modern childhood: what do we know about our children?\»
From 3rd to 5th February 2016 the winter psychological school \»Modern childhood: what do we know about our children?\» was held. The school was organized by joint efforts of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies of Modern Childhood of MSUPE and Higher School of Economics (HSE). The conference was dedicated to thediscussion of current issues related to the development, education and socialization of modern children and adolescents.
School program included the following topics for discussion:
- What is thespecificity of social situation of development of modern children?
- What is the role of information technology in the life of teenagers?
- How to increase learning motivation of primary school childran?
- What distinguishes the IVF children?
- How to design an educational game?
- What kind of school should be a modern one and why?
An important feature of the school was a large variety of activing formats. In addition to lectures, seminars, master classes and discussions the participants took part in the work of project teams, whose aim was creation of a research project in one of four directions:
- Modern childhood
- Pre-school age
- Younger school age
Work in project teams carried out with the participation of invited experts in the field ofchildhood based on key concepts: social situation of development; childhood and adulthood; and with a focus on the study of features of the interaction in pairs: child-children of the same age, child-adult, child-parent.
On the final dayeach project team presented the final project.