Field of training
44.04.02 Psychological and Pedagogical Education
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Legal and Forensic Psychology; Department of Legal and Forensic Psychology, and Law
The program “Restorative Approach and Mediation Techniques in Education and Social Risks Prevention” is the first educational program covering the current topic in Russia.
The program is aimed at theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and abilities on resolving conflicts, problematic situations in the family affecting the rights of minors, and the prevention of offenses, as well as on the development and implementation of research and social projects on a restorative approach in the education system, the social sphere, the justice system and the prevention of offenses.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- know and understand the theory, methodology of the mediation process, basic principles and approaches of the mediation process and conciliation procedures;
- know and understand the organizational and legal framework within which it is possible to carry out the mediation procedure;
- know and understand the basics of the mediative approach in the professional activities of helping professions;
- independently conduct the mediation procedure;
- use the tools necessary for the effective conduct of the mediation procedure;
- demonstrate the skill of using mediation and mediation approaches to prevent conflicts.
Representatives of socially oriented helping professions gain the competencies of mediators, capable of preventing and resolving conflict situations in the system of education, social protection, justice, in penal enforcement system, public organizations, administrative bodies, guardianship and guardianship bodies.
Module 1. Research and forecasting in education.
Module 2. Management in education.
Module 3. Design and effectiveness assessment of programs in education and social sphere.
Module 4. Mediation and restorative approach in working with criminal, conflict and other difficult situations.
Module 5. Tools and conditions for implementing the restorative approach.
Module 6. Practice of restorative approach: research and evaluation.