Psychology of the East
Field of training
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Social Psychology, Department of Ethnopsychology and Psychological Issues of Multicultural Education
Candidate of Psychological Sciences
Associate Professor, Chair of Department of Ethnopsychology and Psychological Issues of Multicultural Education
The program was developed on the basis of the requirements of the professional standard “Specialist in issues of interethnic and interfaith relations”, which is in the process of development, recommended for approval at a meeting of the Presidium of the Council under the President of the Russian Federation on interethnic relations in 2015.
The master’s program trains specialists who will have the skills of intercultural interaction with representatives of the peoples of the East, taking into account their ethnic and religious characteristics.
Training of qualified, competent and competitive in the modern labor market practical ethnopsychologists is being carried out, with competencies that allow them to professionally solve the problems of communication and interaction in a situation of intercultural communication with representatives of the peoples of the East.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- carry out expert and analytical and organizational activities for the implementation of effective intercultural interaction with representatives of the peoples of the East;
- communicate professionally using Arabic/Chinese/Korean;
- carry out psychological support for the development of a culture of peace, the prevention of xenophobia and the formation of civil identity;
- conduct psychological counseling in a multicultural environment.
Graduates of the master’s program can perform scientific and practical psychological work in the following areas:
- expert activity and consulting of state, international, intergovernmental organizations, large companies whose activities are related to building ties with various regions of the East;
- development of intercultural competence skills and psychological preparation for learning in the countries of the Eastern region;
- psychological support for the prevention of xenophobia, the formation of civic identity, and the reduction of the risks of interethnic conflict;
- cross-cultural management in business communication with representatives of the peoples of the East;
- cross-cultural counseling, taking into account ethnic and religious specifics, representatives of the peoples of the East.
Module 1. Theoretical studies.
Module 2. Research activities and methods of psychological research.
Module 3. Professional interaction.
Module 4. Theory and practice of analysis of culture and psychology of the East.
Module 5. Practical psychology of the East.
Module 6. Multicultural approach to psychological aid.
Learn more about the curriculum via firstname.lastname@example.org