Psychology of High-Risk Professions
Field of training
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Extreme Psychology, Department of Scientific Fundamentals of Extreme Psychology
Doctor of Psychological Sciences
Professor, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Extreme Psychology for Research
The program trains for professional activities on psychological aid to specialists of high-risk professions: law enforcement agencies, emergency services, etc. You will learn how to provide emergency psychological aid in emergency zones: natural disasters, catastrophes, armed conflicts, etc. As well as to organize and implement research in extreme psychology.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- use theoretical knowledge applying a wide range of diagnostic, correctional and therapeutic methods;
- analyze the impact of the socio-cultural environment, risks and security threats on the process of education, development of specialists in professions of high risk;
- prove commitment to the views of social justice and faith in the human potential, defended in the activities of specialists in professions of high risk;
- conduct expert and research activities when working with employees and teams of law enforcement agencies and law enforcement institutions;
- demonstrate competence in using modern technologies of professional interaction, psychological monitoring and forecasting, psychological help of specialists in professions of high risk.
After obtaining a master’s degree in psychology of high-risk professions, you can work:
- as a psychologist of law enforcement and law enforcement activities in institutions of education, retraining, psychological support and rehabilitation
- as a psychologist ensuring the security of specialists of dangerous professions in institutions of education, retraining, psychological support and rehabilitation
- as a psychologist in state and commercial structures (state and municipal institutions, psychological centers, emergency psychological aid services, consulting and recruitment agencies, etc.)
Module 1. Theoretical studies.
Module 2. Research activities and methods of psychological research.
Module 3. Professional interaction.
Module 4. Disciplines of professional activity (1).
Module 5. Disciplines of professional activity (2).