Psychological Aid to Children and Adolescents Affected by Extreme Situations
Field of training
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Extreme Psychology, Department of Scientific Fundamentals of Extreme Psychology
Doctor of Psychological Sciences
Chair of the Department of Scientific Fundamentals of Extreme Psychology
The program prepares for conducting scientific research, implementing practical activities of a psychologist in institutions or departments that organize comprehensive psychological help to children and adolescents affected by natural disasters, catastrophes, victims of abuse, violence, who have suffered severe psychological trauma.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- plan, develop and implement modern research programs to solve theoretical and practical problems of real professional activity;
- define the goals, objectives and methods of psychodiagnostic examination of children, adolescents and adults, considering the request, provide diagnostic conclusions and recommendations;
- develop and implement psychological intervention programs of a preventive, developmental, correctional or rehabilitative nature;
- carry out planned and crisis psychological counseling for children, adolescents and adults;
- organize and provide psychological help to children and adolescents affected in extreme situations.
In education, healthcare and social assistance to the population:
- psychological services and psychological centers of state, regional and departmental subordination;
- state and commercial educational institutions;
- state and commercial healthcare institutions;
- guardianship and guardianship authorities;
- social assistance services and units;
- institutions of education, advanced training and retraining of specialists of educational, medical and social assistance institutions
- research institutions studying the problems of psychological assistance to children and adolescents.
In state and commercial institutions:
- state and municipal institutions;
- psychological centers, psychological services;
- organizations and enterprises of various forms of ownership and activity profile;
- consulting firms, recruitment agencies, educational and training centers, etc.
Module 1. Theoretical studies.
Module 2. Research activities and methods of psychological research.
Module 3. Professional interaction.
Module 4. Disciplines of professional activity (1).
Module 5. Disciplines of professional activity (2).