Field of training
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Social Psychology, Department of Ethnopsychology and Psychological Issues of Multicultural Education
The program was developed on the basis of the requirements of the professional standard «Specialist in issues of interethnic and interfaith relations», which is in the process of development, recommended for approval at a meeting of the Presidium of the Council under the President of the Russian Federation on interethnic relations in 2015.
The master’s program prepares specialists in the field of applying ethnopsychological knowledge in various social practices, including education, the social sphere, and business interaction.
Training of qualified, competent and competitive in the modern labor market practical ethnopsychologists with competencies that allow them to professionally solve the problems of communication and interaction of people in a situation of intercultural interaction is being carried out.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- provide psychological support for foreign students and their families in the education system;
- provide psychological support for the adaptation and integration of migrants;
- develop the skills of intercultural competence and preparation for intercultural interaction;
- carry out psychological support for the development of a culture of peace, the prevention of xenophobia and the formation of civil identity;
- conduct psychological counseling in a multicultural environment.
Graduates of the master’s program can perform scientific and practical psychological work in the following areas:
- psychological support for the integration of migrants, incl. support for specialists who train and educate them;
- development of intercultural competence skills and psychological preparation for learning for abroad;
- psychological support for the development of a culture of peace and the prevention of xenophobia, the formation of civic identity, and the reduction of the risks of interethnic conflict;
- cross-cultural management and management of cultural differences in business.
Module 1. Theoretical studies.
Module 2. Research activities and methods of psychological research.
Module 3. Professional interaction.
Module 4. Theory and practice of analysis of cultural differences and intercultural relations.
Module 5. Practical ethnopsychology in group work.
Module 6. Multicultural approach to psychological aid.
Learn more about the curriculum via firstname.lastname@example.org