Field of training
37.05.01 Clinical Psychology
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Legal and Forensic Psychology, Department of Clinical and Forensic Psychology
Program trains psychologists engaged in research and practical activities of clinical psychology. They solve complex problems of psychological diagnostics, expertise and psychological assistance by working with people at organizations or in private practice.
Objects of professional activity:
- a person with difficulties of adaptation and self-realization associated with his physical, mental and social state;
- healthcare system and processes of health protection, treatment and recovery;
- psychological education on psychological factors of mental and physical health and a healthy lifestyle;
- study of psychological factors of maladaptation and development of neuropsychiatric and psychosomatic diseases;
- study of psychological factors in the formation of behavior aimed at health protection, treatment and recovery;
- identification of persons with an increased risk of diseases, psychological and social maladaptation;
- psychological diagnostics aimed at solving diagnostic and therapeutic tasks of clinical practice and facilitating the processes of correction, development and adaptation of personality;
- psychological counseling within the framework of preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitation processes, in crisis and extreme situations, as well as in order to facilitate the processes of personal development and adaptation;
- psychological expertise in connection with medical and social (labor), pedagogical, judicial and military expertise.
Program is focused on learning the competencies, knowledge and skills in forensic and clinical psychodiagnostic activities. The following activities are covered: research, psychodiagnostic, expert, teaching, psycho-educational, management, design and innovation.
Graduates of the program build a career and improve their qualifications in healthcare and educational institutions, centers of psychological, medical and social support, public organizations, state and municipal governments and law enforcement agencies, research organizations.
Module 1. Humanitarian, social and economic fundamentals of professional activity.
Module 2. Communication in professional interaction.
Module 3. Health-saving technologies in professional activity.
Module 4. Fundamentals of psychological and pedagogical activity.
Module 5. Natural science fundamentals of psychology.
Module 6. Fundamentals of scientific activity.
Module 7. Introduction to professional activity.
Module 8. Social psychology.
Module 9. Psychology of individual differences.
Module 10. Theoretical fundamentals of clinical psychology.
Module 11. Medical fundamentals of clinical psychology.
Module 12. Practical fundamentals of clinical psychology.
Module 13. Disciplines of specialization.
Modules with optional disciplines:
Module 14. Fundamentals of Russian law.
Module 15. Legal and forensic psychology.
Module 16. Psychological techniques of work.
Among the optional disciplines you may find criminal psychology, penitentiary psychology, forensic psychology, victimology, suicidology, legal disciplines, disciplines and workshops related to forensic expertise and a polygraph.
Near 20% of study hours are dedicated to practical lessons and internship.