Legal and Forensic Psychology
Field of training
Mode of attendance
Faculty of Legal and Forensic Psychology; Department of Legal and Forensic Psychology, and Law
Graduates have basic knowledge in psychology and specialized knowledge in various psychological fields such as legal psychology, clinical psychology, developmental psychology and age psychology. Legal psychologists are focused on the mental conditions, features and processes of personality, people’s interactions in situations of legally significant nature.
Graduates are able to:
- conduct research, practical, pedagogical activities based on basic knowledge of psychology, its theory and methods;
- apply and adapt special methodological tools in working with children, families and other categories of clients;
- use methodology, basic knowledge and skills in main fields of psychology;
- use methodology and methods of examination of mental processes, features and states;
- conduct training, counseling, psychocorrectional activities;
- solve legal issues during practical work in legally significant situations;
- conduct diagnostics, prevention and correction of deviations in mental development and behavior in children and adolescents;
- identify and solve problems of professional ethics, competence, interdisciplinary interaction in their professional activities.
Graduates work as psychologists, educational psychologists, specialists for rehabilitation work, specialists for work with families.
Among the places to work: educational institutions, institutions of social protection, institutions of the Department of Youth and Family Policy, psychological centers.
Module 1. Humanitarian, social and economic fundamentals of professional activity.
Module 2. Communication in professional interaction.
Module 3. Health-saving techniques in professional activities.
Module 4. Fundamentals of psychological and pedagogical activity.
Module 5. Natural science fundamentals of psychology.
Module 6. Fundamentals of scientific activity.
Module 7. Introduction to professional activity.
Module 8. Social psychology.
Module 9. Psychology of individual differences.
Module 10. Clinical psychology.
Module 11. Fundamentals of Russian law.
Module 12. Legal and forensic psychology.
Module 13. Psychological methods of work.