Information for international applicants
As a foreign citizen, a stateless person or a Russian compatriot living abroad, you can enter a MSUPE full degree educational program within the framework of a general competition or quota from the Government of the Russian Federation. You can get a state-funded scholarship in both options.
Currently, all full-degree educational programs are taught in the Russian language. Here you can find the basics of admission for international students and the links to more detailed information.
MSUPE admission exams are held within the schedule provided by the Admissions Office.
MSUPE does not have its own preparatory language courses and a dorm, but it helps future students to get a place in partner organizations. Department for work with foreign students of the International Affairs Office is ready to consult you about these topics.
According to general application requirements, to prepare the documents issued in another country you need:
1) Undergo the procedure of foreign education recognition;
2) Legalize the documents;
3) To get a certified by a Notary translation of your documents into the Russian language.
After you receive an enrollment confirmation from MSUPE, you should carefully read the sent information, espeсially the requirements for entry and stay in Russia.
Apply for quota of the Russian Government
Foreign applicants can get a state-funded place within the quota of the Government of the Russian Federation (October 8, 2013) № 891 “On Fixing an Education Quota for Foreign Nationals and Stateless Citizens in the Russian Federation”.
A selection campaign is conducted with the direct participation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, and Rossotrudnichestvo.
For detailed information about submission on the territory of your country (deadlines, forms of selection, etc.) you should contact the Representative Office of Rossotrudnichestvo or, in its absence, the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation in your country.
For the quota related submission to MSUPE:
1) Choose a particular MSUPE educational program;
2) Visit the following page of the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation https://russia-edu.minobrnauki.gov.ru/;
3) Check the availability of the chosen MSUPE program for the quota related submission;
4) Carefully read about the submission procedure and requirements;
5) Step by step go through the submission process, indicating MSUPE as a chosen educational institute.
Apply on equal terms with Russian applicants
Foreign applicants can compete on equal terms with Russian applicants and get a state-funded or fee-paying MSUPE place.
A fee-paying place is available for foreign applicants from any country. A state-funded place (given on equal terms) is available for following categories:
1) Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan;
2) Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and Georgia, permanently residing in the territory of Russia and having a residence permit (not a temporary residence permit);
3) Foreign citizens who are compatriots living abroad and have a documented proof of their status.
The procedure of admission on equal terms: https://mgppu.ru/abitur (RUS).
Official Website of the Hotline on Admission to Russian Universities
Advantages of Education in Russia
Legalization of Foreign Documents in Russia
Recognition of Foreign Education in Russia
Legislation for international applicants
Education for Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in Russian Educational Institutes (The Federal Law article; RUS)
About the State Policy of the Russian Federation Concerning Compatriots Abroad (The Federal Law Article; RUS)