Questions & Answers

Who is counted as an international applicant?

Foreign citizens, stateless persons and Russian compatriots living abroad.

What should I pay attention to?

International cooperation helps to widen the opportunities and simplify the study of foreigners in Russia. Some steps of application can differ for citizens of different countries, as for example:

– the opportunity to get a state-funded education on equal terms with Russian applicants;
– the need to provide additional documents upon your admission (for instance: to apply on general terms, you need to confirm your right to do it);
– a way to legalize documents;
– a way to confirm the document of foreign education.

Who can help international applicants?

The Admission Office helps on enrollment-related issues: required documents, deadlines, dates of exams and others. Department for work with foreign students of the International Affairs Office assists foreign citizens during their admission and education. We are always ready to help you with questions related to Visa and registration, an education process, accommodation facilities, traveling around local places and others. Also, we can help you to find contact persons of other MSUPE facilities.

Is it possible to study for free?

Full degree education for international students can be state-funded. The admission type depends on several factors. Check the best option for you here.

Do I need to know the Russian language?

The full degree educational programs are available in Russian, and therefore, for successful studying foreign applicants who do not speak the language at a sufficient level should attend preparatory courses. The Department for work with foreign students can help you find a place in verified organizations of affordable cost (in the absence of free options). 

Is there a dorm provided?

MSUPE does not own a dorm but helps to get a place in partner organizations and shares information about other types of accommodation.

How can I get the visa for studying at MSUPE?

A study visa is required if there is a visa regime between Russia and your country.

To obtain a Russian study visa, an invitation is required. If the applicant is enrolled in MSUPE by the state quota, the invitation is sent by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation through the e-platform. 

If the applicant is enrolled on general terms, an invitation is sent by MSUPE (International Affairs Office). The received invitation is submitted among other necessary documents for visa to the consular institution of the Russian Federation in applicant’s country. 

Paperwork takes some time, so it is recommended to familiarize yourself with all the necessary procedures in advance — several months before the start of the studying year.

Contact us

MSUPE International Affairs Office

+7 (495) 607-08-72

127051, Moscow, Sretenka str., 29, room 409

MSUPE Admissions Office

+7 (495) 822-32-52

127051, Moscow, Sretenka str., 29, room 111