All Psychology in One University
faculties and institutes
higher education programs
further education programs
partner organizations for internship
Moscow State University of Psychology & Education – the first psychological university and one of the top universities of psychological studies in Russia.
Founded under the initiative of the Moscow Government, the University aims at training highly qualified specialists in the field of education, healthcare and social protection.
As a basic resource center of psychological service, MSUPE coordinates the work of psychologists in education and social protection, runs over 200 programs of high and further professional education in the relevant fields.
MSUPE created a unique branch of scientific, practical, resource centers and laboratories: Center for Neurocognitive Research, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Contemporary Childhood, Resource Center for Organization of Comprehensive Support to Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, etc.
Improving education and the social sphere by:
- Development of effective scientifically based social, psychological and pedagogical technologies;
- Research on current problems of social practice;
- Training of caring, highly qualified specialists.
History of MSUPE
1912. The first Psychological Institute in Russia is established at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
1993. The International Educational and Psychological College is established at the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
1996. Moscow City Institute of Psychology and Education is established (MCIPE).
1999. MCIPE and the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences are united into the one scientific and educational facility.
2002. MCIPE becomes the Moscow City University of Psychology and Education (MCUPE).
2016. MCUPE enters the federal level and becomes the Moscow State University of Psychology and Education.
The university strives for the status of an advanced analytical, research, scientific, educational and project center, providing high-quality education for both Russian and foreign citizens.
The university is among 15 candidates of the state program “Priority – 2030”, supporting the development and strategic academic leadership of the Russian universities.
- In the Top-100 Universities of Russia by RAEX Ranking, the 85th place, 2022;
- 2nd place in psychology in the National Recognition Ranking of the best Russian universities, 2021;
- 5th place in psychology in the RAEX Subject Ranking of the best Russian universities, 2022;
- 4th place in the RAEX Local Ranking of Central Federal District universities, 2022;
- 13th place in pedagogical education in the RAEX Subject Ranking of the Russian universities, 2022.
The University participates in the development of the Russian state professional standards in education and social sphere.
89,6% of MSUPE alumni are successfully employed.